SAFEGUARDING POLICY STATEMENT
· Every person has value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Therefore, we have a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and to protect them from harm.
· We accept and endorse the principles set out in ‘“Safe in our Care” Safeguarding and Child Protection Guidelines produced by the Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland.
· We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
· We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church community.
· We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training, and support of those working in both paid and voluntary positions with children or vulnerable adults, including the use of Access NI disclosures and making appropriate referrals to the ‘AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure check’.
· We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or vulnerable adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social care services in any investigation.
· We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
· We will seek to offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them appropriate pastoral support.
· We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
The Office Bearers and Trustees of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on:
9th April 2019.
A full copy can be made available upon request, please contact the office.
We have appointed Johnny Dixon our Church Safeguarding Officer (CSO).
Safeguarding Officer: Johnny Dixonemail@example.com|028 70834238
Our CSO is the first person to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult with vulnerability. This role is supported by our Safeguarding Advisor Maureen McCullough.